Monday, May 19, 2008

I had cheese ice cream. it was bomb.


I had woken up really tired Sunday morning from the night before. My cousin Grisel invited me to go out with her friends to celebrate two of her friend's birthdays... we left the house later at night and headed to el Rodeo Santa Fe. Let's just say that I really had a good time laughing quite a bit, and that i took advantage of the fact that I am legal here...


Anyways, I got to see bulls at the midnight hour... a people riding-bulls competition... which the entire Rodeo prayed for at the beginning of the competition. I was actually in shock by what was going on that I didn't even pray. Pero bueno, eso es muy peligroso. It was an interesting sport because the cheerleaders, or the cow girls, were all cheering them on. Um... right. I'm in Mexico.

That was just a small portion of the time. Of course, the rest of the time was spent dancing with her and her friends... so nice to dance with men who know how to dance... it makes things so much easier for me!

Sunday morning though was the day we visited Tepotzitlan. There was a Jesuit cathedral, turned into a museum of Hernan Cortez and the conquest of what is now Mexico. The arquitecture was beautiful and as with a lot of things, pictures don't do justice to the detail found on this cathedral's facade.
> I got to see paintings, artifacts, and actual tools found used by the spaniards to conquer the natives on this exact land. Towards the back of the church was a Huerta... I had not seen so much green in a long long time.
I had me bomb snacks and food and it was more of a small town feel than the actual city... there was a market in the shadow of the church with just about all sorts of typical things to purchase. Of course, there was a marichi which I loves, and great hand made potato chips with a lot of salsa. Tepotzitlan is more on the state of Mexico and not in Distrito Federal although not a quiet village. I had a Sopa Azteca, which was the best tortilla soup I've also ever had, and it was here where I was taken to have dessert... cheese ice cream And i loved it.

2 comments:

Jessica Torres said...

Okay, anything with cheese...is amazing!

Kelly said...

so Im looking at your pics and I literally thought you were here in madrid. crazy!!! I still havent gone to see the bulls yet, but Im not sure i want to... they are so mean to those animals!!!! Im glad youre doing well, i miss you muuucchhhiiisssmmmooo and want to talk to you soon. my skype name is kwoosh6, find me! and then lets make a date, please!!!!!! or you can call me from you skype, cause that would be wonderful!!!! its 34 91 618416009

I looovvee you!!