Monday, May 19, 2008

Que Fuerza tan Bruta.

I was kind of half asleep and half awake as I was trying to get comfortable cuddling with Nayeli in the back seat of my cousin's red coup. Both of us were kind of cold because we were still damp from the Fuerza Bruta spectacular we'd experience a couple hours before. As I moved my Hard Rock Cafe: Mexico leftover box to make more room for my feet, i looked out the window and had to think twice about where I was at the time. Was I on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills all of a sudden? It was around 11:30 so all the shops were close and there were few cars around. But I am not exagerating, calle Presidente Masaryk is extremely similar to our own Rodeo Drive. THen I keep looking and to the other side was a huge 3 story shopping mall, followed by another one two block after. In the near distance, I noticed the elegant Marriott Tower, and within a matter of seconds we were back on one of the main streets of the city: Paseo de la Reforma. (Notice how I said "seconds"... at this time there were few cars and we were in the fiancial district of town and thus traffic, or lack there of, was beautiful!)

We were coming back from an extravagant show-extravagant in all its worth. It was honestly one of the most exhubirant art experiences of my life. Writing about it will do no justice to its force, hence its name: Fuerza Bruta. I will just say this: a certain use of water, the human body, sound, lighting, wind and space could create quite the experience. I saw before my eyes just about every emotion a human being possesses as I've never experienced before and without the use of words. Amazing acting. a 65 minute performance totally worth it. Although this promo looks kinda freaky, it really was amazing and totally worth it.



After the performance Azu, her friends and I had dinner at Hard Rock Cafe which had the most amazing Spinach and Cheese dip... WOW. Probobly because it had mexican cheese in it... and anything that has any kind of mexican cheese is good, at least in my opinion. Here though I took on more of the spectator role because first of all, I didn't know their friends very well obviously, and I am still in the rough (emphasis on rough) process of unlearning the Spanish I know and slowly transforming it into the Spanish accepted here by a certain class - this has been very difficult on a number of different levels.

Regardless, I had a really good time identifying the intense globalization around here... it is inevitable! The world is so connected... ps, my cousins ordered sushi the night before, and it was dilivered. ha.

1 comment:

Jessica Torres said...

Oh, Damaris...sounds amazing!

Eat tons for me!