Thursday, June 26, 2008

i live here

After about 7 weeks of being on this side of town, i must say i feel like i am living here. I have gotten used to the street signs, the smells, the weather, the currency, the norms, the sharp contrasts, and the people. It has been a really intersting ride... this life im living. I do see sharp contrast practically on a daily basis.. but honestly, the more time i spend here, and the more time i spend with the people, the less idealisitc i become. i am currently having a difficult time with the "live simply so that others may simply live." This somehow made sense to me before... i loved this quote. If you have ever recieved an email from me, then you recognize it from my signature... but i am having a serious issue with it because out of the numerous things I am learning, one of them is: so really, how is me living simply in my home going to better the fact that my host mom still has no hot water for the night?

if u are reading this, chances are the i love u... thanks for reading my blogs... emotional vomits will soon be spurting up in the next few blogs... considering the fact my parents are coming TODAY! :)

ADios amigos!

ps. i got the chance to see the ballet folklorico in the palacio de bellas artes last sunday night in Mexico CIty. W O W.

I love it. i love the sound of mariachi more than i ever did before. And this means, a lot.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

i know how you feel dude. Every day I see people who have the oppertunity and ability to get off the streets, but because of events in their life, they simply cant. And all i can do is just sit and listen to their difficult stories and hope one day they will regain their strength. I feel completely powerless.

i love you a lot, y tengo ganas de hablar contigo muy muy pronto!!!!!!

Jessica Torres said...

I think I love as much as you love mariachi music...

maybe more...

for sure more!

Jessica Torres said...

I meant to write "I think I love YOU as much as you love mariachi music..."

i do!